Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FUCK's 21st Part 1/2

Okay, welcome to Fu Qi and Chin Keong's 21st birthday party.


Both of them are my very best friends whom I am extremely blessed and fortunate to have!


It started off an extremely hectic last minute shopping for snacks, disposable utensils and drinks at FairPrice NTUC at Tiong Bahru.


Somehow, I feel that it might be better to do things last minute. Reason being, it gives you the adrenaline rush and for some weird reason, you are actually indulging in whatever you do.


Conversely, if you plan it months beforehand, the enthusiasm which you had before just seems to be emasculated when the actual day arrives.


But of course, not all things can be left to the last minute, please don't misunderstand.


Studying and planning for your future must not be left to the last minute.


As the old adage goes, "Fail to plan, Plan to fail!"


So first up, we had to shop for the chips!




In the end, we didn't get any candies!


Then, we arrived at the chalet.


Surprisingly immaculate toilet


Had to store all the drinks we bought in the fridge. It's not a lot but in fact it was more than enough for the night!


We bought the utensils but in the end, we didn't use it because the caterer provided everything.


Thank god the utensils weren't very costly.


These are the main chips we bought.


We did finish everything throughout the course of the chalet. And to think that I thought that there will be alot of leftovers because I felt that people usually eat out when they go to chalets.


How can you do without a proper set of mahjong? Impossible right?


So after we settled in at around 3pm++, I was left alone in the chalet while Andy went off to Loyang Secondary to teach the kids some music as they have a concert next week. Chin Keong sent his parents home and went on to fetch Fu Qi's parents to the chalet.


He was really late man, he came back at around 730pm


The majority of his friends came at 6pm. Tsk tsk !


So I was left solely in charge of the chalet all by myself. And to my dismay, the caterer guy came at 5pm rather than 6pm. So early.



I had no money to pay him because my friends were all not around. Luckily he said its alright and that he can collect the money at night together with the trays.


He called me and asked if it is possible for him to bring the food in. Seriously, I didn't know that you are not allowed to bring in outside food/catered food into the chalet at Coasta Sands resort at Pasir Ris.


Thank god he surreptitiously brought everything in through the backdoor, circumventing capture by the management team. If there were people patrolling, we would have not been able to get him into the chalet man!


After he set up everything, he said bye to me.


But 5 minutes later, he came back to request help from me. He wanted me to help him top-up his cashcard because he forgot to bring his NETS card out and so I had to travel all the way to the counter to help him top up his cashcard.


But it's alright I guess since I got nothing to do.


Okay, that's about it for the day part but do continue to read the next post for the night activities!


Credits -flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment