Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Facebook Surpassed Google


"It shows content sharing has become a huge driving force online," said Matt Tatham, director of media relations at Hitwise. "People want information from friends they trust, versus the the anonymity of a search engine."


Well, the day has finally arrived.


Facebook triumphs Google. The point made by Tatham is very intriguing. Content sharing is becoming a huge driving force on the net.


I thought this is really a fact.


I personally always get the thrill and adrenaline rush when I post a status message on facebook and then I get lots of reply on my status message. Somehow, I feel very happy to reply to these messages even though that person replying to my message is actually on msn with me.


So right now, I'm thinking to myself, is it because we humans prefer to share the message with the rest and also, we are able to show off to the rest of our friends that we are popular in the sense that our message get tonnes of replies on it.


Right now, it becomes a competition to see who has the most number of replies. It's a vicious cycle.


Don't you think so? Come to think of it, when you see others getting lots of replies on that status messages and you getting none. Doesn't it makes you reflect on yourself? Whether all your friends doesn't like you?


But when you suddenly get lots of replies, you tend to study the trend. What is it that I have to type to get lots of replies.


Interesting isn't it? Now it becomes what I should type rather than what I want to type.


We've just been manipulated by the society and social network.


Google has recently came up with Google Buzz but it was a major flop. Perhaps if Google can come up with something better, then maybe they will trash facebook.


Otherwise, facebook will still take the lead for now.




Credits -cnn, -mythsandfacts

No comments:

Post a Comment