Saturday, February 13, 2010

Louis Vuitton

I'm sure that by now you guys should have gotten all your Chinese New Year goodies right?

On top of that, you must have bought a ton of New Year clothings, accessories and shoes right?

Well, we human beings are special, the thing is, we hate to be sold, but somehow we love to buy. We just go on shopping and shopping and shopping like no one's business and claim that it helps us to de-stress. However, nowadays, the sales assistants in the shop seems to be overly-intrusive (like as if they are breaking into your house) and they tend to scrutinize your every actions in the shop. I'm wondering, is that what they are taught?



The point is, whenever people enters a shop, you don't go about asking them how may I help you because I have not even glanced at any of their products yet and they are already asking me an irrelevant question already. That really turns me off. Hence, whenever I see them approaching, I will just leave the shop frantically. Believe it or not, even high-end shops' sales assistants behave like this.


So as I perambulate along the streets and malls, I realised that there is a plethora of stores going on massive sales and giving out free goodies fervently. Then as I walked nearer to the high-end stores, I asked my friends this question, "Do stores like Burberry or Louis Vuitton ever go on sales?"



Well they answered, "Not really, except in Milan where there is a Louis Vuitton warehouse sales."


 But I replied, "If you can afford to go to Milan, you jolly well can afford to buy the LV bag at full price in Singapore."


Let me tell you something, do you know that Louis Vuitton is actually only mildly-affected by the economic crisis? You see other gargantuan stores like Wal-Mart, Kroger and Macy's, they are de facto floundering in the retail business as they are pushing their product prices to an all-time low to fight competition from their peers.


Conversely, Louis Vuitton never goes on sales, Whatever you think of them, their strategy and philosophy of “no discounts” and “nothing ever goes on sale” has kept them at high profitability all over the world for more than 100 years. Even in tough times.



It's a form of affirmation for the consumers who purchased their goods too, that only the rich and prestigious consumers can afford Louis Vuitton. So long as you possess a Louis Vuitton good, you can be sure that people know that you purchased it at a high price, not at a warehouse price.


The adulation and admiration you get from the street-walkers when you prounced by them. It's ineffable and priceless. The joy of seeing the others giving you the acknowledgement look. It just makes you think, my starvation period (a period where you save on meals) was worth it!


All in all, I guess it really pays to be consistent after all, even if you are consistently high-priced. At least the upper class can be assured that no Tom, Dick or Harry is carrying the same bag as them, which is what they hold dearly to their heart.


Can you imagine seeing an auntie who is dressed in pasar malam clothings carrying the same LV bag as you? The feeling is crushing and daunting.


Credits -homesecurity911, -chloeling, -wallpapers

No comments:

Post a Comment