Sunday, February 7, 2010

Farewell

Finally, it’s time for the all-time favourite departure of all the guys. First a little complaining before I start with the tribute to the people that has made everything a pleasant journey for me.




Without a doubt, this is truly one of the worst organisations ever, backed by all the top-notch Business books. More often than not, it’s not the organisation per se; rather it is the people in it.



For instance, the so-called leaders are always making trite comments and questions to bridge the gap but they are de facto bringing us further apart. Saying for the sake of saying, almost like a routine they impose on every individual that enters, completely disregarding the fact that we are unique individuals so to speak.



Worst of all, they are always relying on draconian measures to force people to acquiesce to authority. Such pathetic form of management is abysmal and disgusting. It is truly a miracle that it has managed to survive for so many years.



As Jaryl has mentioned, that period of their life is probably the brightest.



To sum it up, it is truly a stultifying experience fraught with systems that chronically stymie the people in it. HOWEVER……..



I was never alone at any cross roads thanks to the awesome bunch of friends in there, namely Jaryl, Dominic, Samuel, David, Wei Kuan, Zhi Qi, and many more. They made everything a breeze, always able to add levity to all the solemnness in there and the mundane tasks we are assigned. I have managed to somewhat enjoy the time in there thanks to these people.




Beng Kiat is a fine example of a man with fine mettle and leadership. He not only gets things done but he does it in a smart manner circumventing all the onerous jobs termed Saikang by all. Even when we are forced to do the shit, he’s always there with us right until the job is completed. Furthermore, he never expects anything out of others that he himself is not capable of doing. Possessing a unique sense of humour, he never fails to crack all of us up whenever we are bored. One of his favourite quote of all time which we always laugh at, “SERIOUS SHIT!?!?!”




David is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best motivator and advocate for “aiming the best” campaign if there is such a campaign. Given your presumptuous nature, you constantly question our ignorance. We are always running away from what we do not know and rely on what we know to get away with it, an example of escapism but then you have challenged us. And that made me realise that sometimes it’s not what you know, rather it’s more important to know what you do not know. The Migital case study will definitely be the apposite one for me to use when I need to illustrate impeccable services. Of course, not forgetting the clandestine balcony talks we had, it has truly helped me become a better person I must say. Yep, so all in all, you have truly been a great buddy.




Samuel the chef, I want to thank you for bringing us, albeit Dom and Jaryl are already immersing themselves in it, to the world of culinary. You have brought our cooking skills to a step out of a gazillion steps closer to that of Jamie Oliver’s. When it comes to cooking, it’s all about experiences (which I can see that you are constantly working on) and a bit of luck. There will come a time for a breakthrough, which I’m not sure when myself but I do believe, in good faith, that the day will come if you persevere with relentless consistency! Of course, all the things you do in camp never fails to crack us all up. The most memorable one will have to go to the one when you woke up from a nightmare when you took a short and I mean REALLY SHORT nap on level 5. I can totally visualize it being premiered on the Hollywood Oscar’s award ceremony. It was that classic man. But thanks to you, we always have something to laugh at and go OMG. As Jamie Oliver said, “I am a total liability and would be absolutely no good for running any department in government. I get in press conferences and start saying f$#k all over the place.” I’m sure the same applies for you and that you will find your place soon enough.




Jaryl: My late night chat buddy when we are alone. Of course, the chin-up buddy during that particular infamous weekend which we all can’t forget. Always the one punching bag for all sorts of bitchslaps but yet, always taking our nonsense in his stride. You have always been supplying with an abundance of happiness at the expense of your own pride. Epitome of altruism there I have to admit. And of course, you are a key member of our clique. All the improvement in our debating skills emanates from you, the true top-class debater. Teaching is tough but I can see that you are enjoying it. However, do come and talk to us about it if you encounter any troubles along the way okay? Come to us if you have trouble bridging up relationships with your students. We are always there to listen to the many interesting stories you have to tell. All the best to you and I hope that there will be way more bombs to excite you in the later part.




Thank you Dominic for bringing me to the world of beauty where you taught me the various crucial yet simple steps right down to the minutiae on how to take good care of one’s outer appearance. A wine connoisseur as well with a plethora of knowledge about the best wine to couple with different types of meals. Of course, how can I forget about all the stories that you have repeated for at least 3 times each? But I must say that you have improved a lot considering the fact that you are able to skilfully manoeuvre your way of it simply by adding a few new details to the old stories. Nonetheless, your stories are very fresh and exciting, and that includes the Nyonya drama, even better than Little Nyona I must say. And not forgetting your friend who is in the same line as Jaryl, if you know what I mean. I’m looking forward to the many more that will come in the future okay?




Wei Kuan always giving the most senseless and absurb comments all the time but at the same time they managed to crack us up all the time without fail. Your quirkiness is one of the most unique one I have ever seen, almost synonymous to that of Ms Swan's. Sometimes, I really do not understand the link between your answers and our questions but I guess that’s the fun part right? You always make us go, “WHAT!?!?!” Haha. And you are perpetually hitting on our "girl" friends, never willing to let it go, aren’t you tired of it already? It’s quite dangerous to let you know our secrets from now on. Tsk tsk tsk. However, I must say that you are truly a digerati that has always provided me with the best solutions to my IT problems. Thanks a lot for saving me a lot of inconvenience. I’m glad to have you with me during the last lap of my course in there. Looking forward to hear more of your atomic ideas and the beyond god realm world that you are about to create.




Zhi Qi, always putting others above self, a true trademark of a compassionate doctor indeed. You have been my highest benchmark to aim for when it comes to tolerance. You have taught me to never act impulsively and to maintain a placid persona so as to deal with every conflict objectively at all times. Best of all you are one of the best listeners I know. You have once asked me if it’s ethical to talk nicely to someone whom you dislike. Now I think I know the answer to that question. Facades are ubiquitous I guess, just like lies. But, ultimately it boils down to your intention behind it. If you are doing it for networking or for future backstabbing, it is wrong of course. But for your case, I guess it’s just out of courtesy or that you are afraid of hurting their feelings. That can be a bad point and also your Achilles’’ heel at the same time. People might simply prey on that attribute of yours and exploit you in the future. So, please do not entertain those people that do not deserve your compassion and understanding.



Yep, that’s the end to this tribute to all my best friends.



See you all the in the real world out there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment