Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Impressive IT Tutor

Remember that I said that I did not receive my excel quiz results when everyone else did a few days back?




Well, I got the official one today.




And I was shocked. Not by the results of course, but by my IT tutor. I looked at the sender email and I thought it was a little strange because it wasn't from NTU


In 2005, he wascurrently a director of SoftML Pte Ltd, maker of data integration engine XPS. Having worked in US, Japan and Singapore, Chee Kai brings with him more than 10 years of both government and private sector experience in the IT industry. He chairs the XML Working Group in ITSC, and also contributed to the UBL development in 2003 responsible for generating the UBL 1.0-beta schemas. Chee Kai holds a Highest-Honors double-major degree from University of California at Berkeley, and a Masters of Science degree from Stanford University.



EXECUTIVE COUNCIL 2001/2002

PRESIDENTTay Choon Chong (from May 07, 2001)
Chin Chee Kai (till May 06, 2001)
VICE PRESIDENTDon Huse
SECRETARYRasiah Sundralingam
TREASURERKathy Craig
COUNCIL MEMBERSTay Choon Chong (till May 06, 2001)
Tan Gim Hong
Jeyan Nadarajah
Richard Hartung
Leslie Lim




To be honest, I knew something was with him. He was teaching IT and Stats at the same time.




On top of that, he is extremely humble, funny and he always praises the students.




He is smart and yet not boastful. The best part is that he can teach.




He always tell us that it is not easy to teach IT because there are so many technical terms and a lot of people just get turned off the moment they hear a term that is so abstract.




Hence, a lot of people dislike IT.




However, he makes it so much more enjoyable and fun. Its really a pleasure to be taught by him. In fact, its an honour. I knew he was very special but only till today, did I realise that he is a Stanford Masters graduate.




Very impressive indeed. He definitely deserves to be a Master graduate from there because he is clearly super intelligent.




Definitely a role model to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment