Monday, January 3, 2011

JC Friends

Today I met up with my JC friends.


Its been like what, 3 years or something? When I saw them, the 2 girls immediately yelled at me for not keeping in contact with them. Haha, I guess it was partly my fault.


Initially, I was just listening to their conversations but after a while, I somehow got used to it and finally we were able to talk. To be honest, initially I was contemplating whether to meet up with them because I was afraid that there would be no common topic and it would be awkward and cold. Its just weird at the start because of the in-familiarity with one another for we have not met up with each other after so long. Fortunately, it was a great experience ! After my last JC friend arrived, we headed down to Geylang for Dim Sum.


Because it was peak hour, we decided to take a cab down to Geylang which costs us only $2 each, pretty reasonable surprisingly.


We then went to this place called 126 near Geylang Lor Wen Dao Shi 搵到食
, the Dim Sums they served were phenomenal, they were de facto the best I ever tasted. Its definitely highly recommended. Every single dish were delicious and in the end we just kept on ordering and ordering incessantly and we ended up with a table full of Dim Sums. Altogether, we choked up a total of $71 worth of Dim Sums. I realised that whenever we got together, we just eat and eat and eat non-stop without giving a damn about the cost. Thankfully, there wasn't any GST or Service Charge man.


Then we went down the road for some durians albeit being so full already. We only ordered one durian though and it costs $40, exorbitant isn't it? Initially the Uncle still told us its $15 per kg, so we thought 2 kg is $30. In the end he got us a 2.5kg durian. Well we took it nonetheless because one of my friend was deprived of durian for so long and she's heading back to Melbourne soon. So we thought we had better grant her wish now since there are no durians back in Melbourne.


After we finished the durian, my friend told me that we can get rid of the durian smell on our hands by using an extra-ordinary method.

1. Switch on the tap and let the water flow onto the spikes of the durians.

2. Put your hands beneath the durian and rinse your hands with the water that flow down from the Durian's spikes. Somehow, the smell of the durian will be gone. Okay, its not completely gone but the smell is almost not noticeable.


After that, we settled in a Coffeebean house for the remaining 2 hours. They shared a lot of stories with me, the ones in NUS of course. Majority were about having many scandalous affairs, making-out sessions and etc. It was really funny, I must say. And very interesting in fact.


I shall not post those scandalous stories here to protect their privacies.


Yeah, that ended the night for today. It was really fun. Meeting up after so long. It was definitely a little awkward initially but after a while, it was like back to the old school days where we talked about anything under the sun. I'm meeting up with them next Monday again.


Good Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment