Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pledge

Okay Nuffnang is a part of this event called the National Famly Celebrations 2010 and I will like to take this precious opportunity to make a pledge to my dedicated parents.


Here it goes.


I pledge to go out with my family more often.


Why is that so? Well, to be honest, it was really a wake up call for me when I heard that Nuffnang is actually giving out 700 tickets to the various attractions in Singapore.


It makes me think when was the last time= I actually went out together with my family to enjoy ourselves. Unfortunately, it was all a blur. I couldn't remember.


I can't even recall when was our last outing. It might be nothing to alot of us here for we all prefer to go out with friends nowadays because we can all relate to each other. When it comes to going out with your family for a trip, everything just becomes frustrating and tiring.


This includes our different interests, our dining locations, the things we do when we are out. Everything seems to be colliding into one another and we end up going separate ways eventually. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of a family outing if we are all doing our own shopping?


So how am I going to ensure that a family outing is coming my way? Well, I think Sundays are the perfect timing for a simple outing for my entire family will be free and just a simple meal out will be perfect.


A trip to the Singapore Flyer will be the awesome because my family is basically very thrifty. They will not bear to go to attractions like the Singapore Flyer or the Sentosa Resorts for they are very conscious about money. Not that they are money-minded, but because of the fact that they are actually saving up for my future expenses, i.e. the exorbitant University school fees.


I do not wish to devoid them of the opportunity to experience the various enticing activities out there, for I believe that they more than deserve the chance to enjoy than anyone else in the world. They have been working so hard and me and my brother have not been treasuring their little effort till today.


I have always been taking them for granted and I always blame them for being stingy and stuff but I'm deeply apologetic and guilty now.


Hence, I'm going to make a commitment here, and that is to go out more often with them. They have always been talking about the Sentosa Resort World lately and I guess that will most probably be the apposite location for me to bring them to.


Yeah, so thank you Nuffnang for making me realise how selfish and insensitive I've been all these years. But, then again, it's never too late to repay your parents' favour, start now, don't wait anymore before you regret it!









NATIONAL FAMILY CELEBRATIONS 2010 (NFC 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment