Saturday, May 15, 2010

Naps boost memory

But only if you dream.


Yes, that's right. We always give ourselves the excuse that it is alway healthy to rest after working so hard.


But apparently, it is not extremely helpful for we don't dream most of the time. A short nap concomitant with a dream will be the most effective.




After that short dream of yours, you will be able to boost your own memory and studying will be made way more effective than before. It boost your memory not by one time or two, but by a total of 10 folds !


But you might be wondering now, why is it that we need to dream to increase our memory by 10 folds?


Well here's the answer.


Experts at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center confirmed that when you dream, you tend to hunt down connections between the myriad amount of information you look at when you're awake. The brain tries to differentiate between useful and paltry information.



It will keep those useful ones and dump those paltry ones.


The brain is really interesting isn't it? Even when you're dreaming, it is still working relentlessly.


Also, if the work you are doing is highly stressful and intricate in nature, there is a higher chance that you will dream of it, in another form of course, i.e. if you are solving a maze, you might end up dreaming of a cave which appears to have many paths set up for you.


Also, if you dream of something which you are not good at, you seem to get better at it after you wake up, especially if you are doing it almost everyday.



I can totally relate to this because at times, when I'm actually struggling to understand a complicated concept, I seem to be mired in it after a while. I can't solve it no matter how many times I attempt to look at it from various angles. However, after I wake up from a nap, I seem to be able to grasp the concept easily. I mean, it just comes straight to me, right on!


Before I know it, I seems to be on a roll with other concepts as well, everything just seems so fluent.


I guess that's the sheer power of a short nap along with a dream of course!


So what are you waiting for? Give yourself an one hour nap if your brain is blocked. 


You might be able to find the answer once you wake up!


Credits -cnn, -sciblogs, -allposters

No comments:

Post a Comment