Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Avril Lavigne concert set

CANADIAN pop-punk singer Avril Lavigne will perform in Shanghai on May 2 at Shanghai Grand Stage.

Tickets for the Shanghai concert will cost from 180 yuan (US$28) to 1,280 yuan.

Earlier this year, Lavigne released her fourth album "Goodbye Lullaby" that features the lead single "What the Hell." She is expected to sing the hit tune along with other favorites such as "Complicated," "I'm With You," "My Happy Ending" and "Girlfriend."
By 2009, Lavigne had sold 16 million albums worldwide. Her success has continued with "Goodbye Lullaby," which has reached top 10 lists in both the United States and the United Kingdom. It was also her third No. 1 album in both Japan and Australia.

The 27-year-old singer has said in the past that she likes rock music because it's radical and fun, but now that she's a little older, she hopes "Goodbye Lullaby" will show her mature side.

The album took more than 2 1/2 years to complete and its release date had been pushed back several times. "I write my own music and therefore it takes longer because I have to live my life to get inspiration," Lavigne told the Kingston Herald newspaper in Canada last August.

"I know my fans look up to me and that's why I make my songs so personal; it's all about things I've experienced and things I like or hate. I write for myself and hope that my fans like what I have to say," Lavigne once told the website Girl.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment