Thursday, April 8, 2010

How to put yourself in their shoes

I have wondering about this intricate issue for a very long time already.


How do you actually feel the pain of the others ? I thought that by understanding their pain, you can relate to them more easily than before and that they will come to trust you more.


Of course, it is not advisable to be over-assuming because you might end up interpreting that guy wrongly. In turn, you might aggravate the relationship between the both of you because of the misunderstanding.


So as I was lying on my bed before I go to sleep. I thought of a surprising interesting plot.


I hear people complaining about how tired they are in the morning and how they feel like shutting down their brain but I can't seem to relate to that. I always tell them to wash their face and stuff but apparently it does not go into their head.


So I thought to myself, I'm pretty much shagged out now already and all I can think of is to sleep and wake up the next morning with a fresh new mind.


Then I realised, what if, what if ... I were not allowed to sleep now and that I have to go to work immediately. It's unthinkable but I tend to think of crazy things before I sleep, I'm sure most of you are like that as well right?


Anyway, back to the topic, what if I had to go to work instead of sleeping at 1am in the morning? I will feel like dying and that I will be moodless and everything. From that moment onwards, I kinda understood how those people, who complained about how tired they were in the morning, feels. I can feel a little of their pain and how exhausting it is to keep yourself awake when you are so tired.


From that day onwards, I did not oppose these people when they say they are really tired. However, I too, did not let them carry on this kind of lifestyle. Knowing that it is a result of the paucity of rest time, I reminded them that it is important to sleep early and that you can finish whatever you are doing in a shorter period of time by not procrastinating.


Have a strong resolution, swear against your own surname if that is what it takes for you to discipline yourself. If you do not have that kind of commitment, you will not achieve much at the end of the day, which explains why you lack sleep. Simply because you are wasting a lot of time away which caused you to lose out on the sleep time.


Yeah, so in order to understand their pain. Try to put yourself in their shoes the next time, literally in their shoes.


But be very careful, do not be over-confident and end up misinterpreting what they say. This might annoy them badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment