Friday, July 22, 2011

New Turning Point in Life

Recently, I have received emails from the school regarding things like Goldman Sachs coming to NTU on the 10th August and Temasek Holdings having the first round of selection cum networking session on the 28 August.


It makes me think for a while. Is this for real? Goldman and Temasek. In the past, I would not have taken these emails seriously because all that was on my mind was purely academic matters.


However, I guess the moment is finally here, we really have to start giving thoughts about our careers in the future right now, this moment. It is the time when we are going to make serious and groundbreaking decisions, and also the time when we are going to fight like we never fought before for a spot in one of the prestigious companies.


As I update my resume with my latest internship at Mercer as well as my academic results, I felt that I can really see the light beaming with hopes.


Its bright, exciting and I can feel its warmth. There are so many things going for me right now.


I am in a University, and I did well for the first year and I'm going to make tonnes of new friends at these networking sessions and hopefully enter the Banking & Finance Club.


Also, year 2 will be an important year because we will be fighting for internship opportunities at the prestigious companies.


It will really be a huge opportunity and a major morale boost if I am able to secure some internship interviews at those companies.


Oh well, I am going to prepare to submit my application to Goldman Sachs and Temasek Holdings.


I am filled with so much excitement now, I can feel that my life is going to change really soon.


Best of luck to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment