Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Results


Above is the set of my results I received yesterday

I must say that I am extremely happy

For people who do not know, I like to check my results module by module. I will use papers to cover up e rest and I will slowly reveal the grades for each module by moving e paper bit by bit to check e letter grade.


First off, AB103 Statistics

I think this came as the biggest surprise. The thing about NTU results is that the A- and A+ are aligned to the left if you noticed.

Because I was the least confident for Statistics, I checked it last and when I saw it was aligned to the left. I was thinking in my head, its either an A- or A+. But what are the chances of me getting an A+?

Considering that my 2 case studies, I got B and A- respectively.

So I was thinking oh well, its definitely an A- and when I saw an A+, I was totally blown away.

Yeah, so I must say that I am super happy for Statistics.


Next, AB106, Economics.

I was confident for this module but for the final examination, I thought I kinda screwed up some 5 marks question and because in Economics, the bell curve is uber competitive, I was a little nervous and scared.

So I thought I might get an A- but end up I managed to achieve an A which was definitely a relief.

I did well for my 2 quizes in which i got 9/10 for both quizzes, a total of 20%.

And for class participation of 20% I think I did well too. Hence, I was pretty confident for Economics.

But like I said, I heard that the bell curve for Economics is really tough, so I was still a little apprehensive beforehand.


Next AB105, Organizational Behavior.

I managed to get an A for my critical thinking which was 20%

I also managed to get an A for my ethical reasoning which was 20% as well.

For the final examination, again I gave away question 1a unfortunately so I was thinking. Will it cost me my A? But then I was thinking again, hmmmm maybe not because I have 2As for my 2 essays which has a weightage of 40% so I should be pretty safe.

Turns out I managed to get an A for my Organizational Behavior too. I'm really happy about that.


Next AB112 Marketing.

This is one major ambiguity. Why? Because there were no examiner's reports to refer to. Hence, I do not know how to understand the questions in the final examination appropriately

The questions were worth 15-20 marks and that's really scary if you do not know what to write.

What should you write to get the maximum marks?

I was pretty panicky initially but at the end of the day, I was thinking, you know what, I should just go ahead and write whatever I know.

End up, I even requested for an additional booklet to write and I was definitely really proud of myself for achieving an A.

I think getting an A for Marketing is definitely an achievement in itself because it is so content intensive, filled with a plethora of concepts and presentations.


Finally, AB114 Communication Fundamentals.

Basically, this module is about email writing and presentation skills.

I managed to score high marks for my presentations and my email writing so I was the most confident for this module.

In fact, I was really aiming for an A+ for this module because I thought I did really well for the coursework.

Yeah, so once again we have come to an end for yet another semester.

I'm appealing for my double degree programme in Business & Accountancy and I hope that I will be able to get it.

See you all.

I will work harder for Year 2 Semester 1 because the competition will be stiffer

No comments:

Post a Comment