Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Impression

School is starting officially next monday.


I mean the actual lectures and stuff. I just met my tutorial mates yesterday and my first impression of them were pretty good. Well, they seem to be okay and humble but who knows. It takes time to find out who they really are, especially in times of need later on.


As I was heading home from the IT fair today, I received an email from one of my tutorial mate.



She emailed to everyone in class, asking if we are fine with meeting up for lunch on Monday before the lecture per se.


Well on first thought, it seems like a pretty good suggestion but then again, I start to wonder. Is this one of those networking strategy business students are super enthusiastic about? Or is it merely a humble request to get us together so that we will be close with each other faster?


I get a little skeptical and a little turned off because she seems like she's trying too hard. I'm not sure about the other tutorial mates. But to me, it almost seems like she's rushing into a friendship, a spurious one maybe?


No one knows. I mean its definitely important to know each other because we are probably going to see each for at least 3 months. But the problem here is, I'm the type of person that wants to slowly get to know the others.


On the other hand, it is important to sit back and observe first. It takes time to understand how a person is like by observing his/her every little actions. Afterwhich, we slowly get together and talk and our friendship gets stronger as time pass. Along with that, our mutual trust level will naturally rise.


The way she handles it right now, its almost like she can't wait for the friendship to be strong.


The infancy of any growth is always fragile. If you rush into it, it will just collapse and die off. You need to stabilise it, nurture it, look after it consistently.



Its almost similar to the starting of a fire in a windy place. Initially, the fire will go off easily because its weak. This is the point where you protect it the most from the wind. After a while, the fire gets stronger and you can safely rely on it for warmth.


Yea, I'm not too sure about how the other tutorial mates feel about her abrupt lunch invitation but at the moment, only one person replied her.



Credits -mono, -shineanthology

No comments:

Post a Comment